Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I joined the USAT finally. You have to be a member with them to do most of the races. Also, a guy at the gym is going to lend me Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel. It's supposedly a really good book to help with training. All the tri people I meet keep asking me if I'm reading. I'm not but they all seem to think it's the key to competing well. I'm sure they are right but it's enough just finding time to train without reading about training. But I'll do it.

Workout:

Treadmill: 3 miles in 28:10. Manual, incline of 1.5. Ran 1st two miles at 6.5 mph, slowed to 5.5 for a few minutes to catch my breath and did the last mile ranging from 6-8. I ran the whole time. I remember now that I'm really running why I haven't done it in the past. My asthma is surprisingly bad. Adam said I can have one of his inhalers. I hope that helps because it's like I'm breathing through a coffee straw and I feel like I'm going to die. But it was a good run and I'm very happy with the time. Just a little more improvement needed to get to my 25 minute goal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah, I was thinking about your tri-training, and I that one way you could cut your Sprint Tri running time is to increase your running regiment. It is not good to increase running distances more than 10% of what you currently can do. But if you go each time try and go about 10% farther, then your body will think the short run is so much easier.

Also make sure that you don't start out too fast and then slow down. It is better to start too slow. If you are running too fast then your body burns off quick sugars in the blood. If you go slower then your body will turn to fat storage and bread it up for energy. this will keep your blood-sugar levels from dropping too rapidly and making you feel exhausted. Good luck.

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home