Monday, March 06, 2006

Good day at the gym. With only 4 weeks to go, I need to get serious about decreasing my run time. I looked at last year's results for running, and I'm definitly one of the slowest. I am going to try and run 3 miles in under 25 minutes which means I need to get going. Today I decreased my time by 4-5 minutes. It's a good start.

Workout:

Treadmill: 29.5 minutes, 3 miles 1-2 incline. Walked at 2 miles for 3 minutes, then tried to run the last mile without stopping, but didn't do very well. Bad cramps the last mile.

Hatha Yoga Class: 30 minutes - I was a little too keyed up from the crazy running to really benefit. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sarah, have you done any street running or is it too crazy with Penny to do that. Running on the road can be very different. Also interval running might help you. If you run slightly faster for a block, then pull it back to your comfortable pace to rest for a block. Alternate back and forth. You only have to think about going faster for a small goal. It can make it much easier mentally when you break it up like that.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home