Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Totally strange day. I got back in the pool today after a bit of a break from the water. I bought a new waterproof watch with a timer so I thought I'd time my laps. Here are the weird results:
25 meters Kicking only: 40 seconds
25 meters Arms only: 23 seconds
25 meters arms and legs: 27 seconds.

So my legs are slowing my down! I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's got to be something major. I'm going to talk to the swim lesson lady at the Y and maybe get one or two personal lessons so that she can help me use my legs to cut down on time instead of increase it.

Workout:

Swim: 1/2 mile, 30 minutes, drills, timing
Yoga Class: Kundalini - 60 minutes - awesome! I really needed a good mind makeover. I was able to do some stomach exercises that I've never been able to before. Mind over matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home